Pamela Stein from inpamskitchen on Instagram, whipped up a delicious Orange Dream cake! Get a step by step demonstration by watching her video and find the full recipe below. The next time you are looking for an easy yet unique cake recipe, we've got you covered!
Yield: Serves 10
For the cake:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Orange Dream Soda
For the glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Orange Dream Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom.
3. Add the oil and stir. Add the Orange Dream Soda and stir until well combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
6. For the glaze: in a small bowl add the powdered sugar.
7. In a measuring cup whisk together the heavy whipping cream and enough Orange Dream Soda to equal 1/4 of liquid. If glaze is too thick, add Orange Dream Soda to desired consistency.
8. Set wire rack over a large piece of parchment paper, Drizzle glaze over cake. Grate orange zest, if desired over the cake.
9. Let the glaze set for at least 1 hour before cutting.
10. Slice and enjoy!