Pamela Stein from inpamskitchen on Instagram, created a unique waffle recipe just in time for Mother's Day. These Limoncello Blueberry Waffles are a delicious brunch option that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It uses Caruso's Limoncello Soda both in the waffles themselves and in the lemon cream topping. Is your mouth watering yet?
Yield: 4 eight inch round waffles
For the Waffles:
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
1 1/4 cup Caruso's Limoncello Soda
1/2 tsp lemon extract
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
For the Lemon Cream:
10 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1/4 cup Caruso's Limoncello Soda
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- For the waffles: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the Caruso's Limoncello Soda, lemon extract, melted butter, eggs, whipping cream, and milk. Stir together until only tiny lumps remain.
- Preheat waffle iron to desired darkness.
- Using a ladle, add the batter to the waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp blueberries. Cook until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes depending on setting).
- Remove from waffle maker. Place waffles in an oven proof dish and place in a 250 degree F oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter and blueberries.
- For the lemon cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon extract until smooth.
- Add the Caruso's Limoncello Soda and heavy whipping cream and continue to beat until incorporated. Transfer to a dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Dollop the lemon cream on top of waffle.
- Refrigerate leftover waffles and lemon cream for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Follow us Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok to stay updated on discounts, events, and of course recipes!
Always stay in the know by joining our Sprecher Squad email list, and get the first access to our new craft sodas, craft beer and deals on apparel and gift shop items. Sign up today.