Pamela Stein from inpamskitchen on Instagram, perfected a Dr Sprecher Taco Recipe just in time for Cinco De Mayo. This recipe uses Low-Cal Dr Sprecher Soda and dried cherries to get a unique and delicious taco taste. Get inspired to cook this recipe with Pam's video demonstration!
Yield: Serves 6
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper*
1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
1-1/2 Teaspoons Paprika
1-1/2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 Cup Dried cherries
1-3/4 Cup Low-cal Dr Sprecher soda, divided
1-1/2 Pounds Lean ground turkey
3 Cloves Garlic, divided
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped with seeds removed
2 Tablespoons Yellow onion, chopped
3 Teaspoons Chopped fresh cilantro
Taco shells - hard or soft
Sour cream for serving, if desired
- In a small bowl add salt, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cornstarch. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add dried cherries and 1/4 Dr. Sprecher soda. Bring to a light boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey into the hot skillet. Using a wooden spoon, break up the turkey into small pieces. Cook and stir until completely browned, about 8-10 Remove from heat. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground turkey to heat. Squeeze 2 cloves garlic through a press into the turkey. Add seasoning mixture and 1-1/2 cups Dr Sprecher soda to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the liquid absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes.
- Place cherries along with any unabsorbed liquid, 1 clove garlic squeezed through a press, and 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro in a food processor. Process for fifteen seconds or until cherries are finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl add tomatoes, onion, and 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Divide meat into warmed taco shells. Top with the tomato mix and cherry salsa. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Follow us Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok to stay updated on discounts, events, and of course recipes!
Always stay in the know by joining our Sprecher Squad email list, and get the first access to our new craft sodas, craft beer and deals on apparel and gift shop items. Sign up today.