Six breweries along the Milwaukee River invite the public to clean up the trails, parks and river corridor together on April 2
Craft breweries that all neighbor the Milwaukee River are teaming up and invite the public to pick up litter along the river trails in honor of Earth Month at noon on Saturday, April 2, 2022.
The breweries involved include Amorphic Beer, Black Husky Brewing, Company Brewing, Gathering Place Brewing Company, Lakefront Brewery and Sprecher Brewing Co.
As an incentive, anyone from the public involved in the clean-up will receive a coupon for a free draft beverage (21+ for beer) at each of the participating breweries.
Those who wish to join the clean-up can park and meet up at any of the breweries. Starting locations include:
Amorphic Beer, 3700 N. Fratney St., Milwaukee; Black Husky Brewing, 909 E. Locust St., Milwaukee; Company Brewing, 735 E Center St, Milwaukee; Gathering Place Brewing Company, 811 E Vienna Ave, Milwaukee; Lakefront Brewery, 1872 N Commerce St, Milwaukee; and Sprecher Brewery, 701 E. Glendale Ave., Glendale.
If you are joining our clean-up at Sprecher, meet in the parking lot on the east side of the brewery building.
Each brewery has longstanding environmental and community commitments that made the collaboration a natural fit. Some of these projects include:
- Sprecher Brewery has partnered with Milwaukee County Parks over nearly a decade to raise nearly a quarter-million dollars for park improvements through funds raised with the Traveling Beer Garden.
- Lakefront Brewery is a certified B Corporation for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Lakefront was also the first brewery to brew a certified organic beer.
- Gathering Place Brewing Company supports the community by donating 20% of taproom and online sales each Thursday to a local non-profit, including Feeding America and the Milwaukee Rescue Mission.
- Company Brewing donating proceeds from sales of their beer to local non-profits including the Milwaukee Women's Center.
- Black Husky partnered with Milwaukee Department of Public Works to brew spruce beer from the city Christmas tree’s needles and auctioned off sculptures created from the stump to repurpose the entire tree, rather than going to the landfill. Proceeds from the auctioned sculptures will support the Milwaukee Urban Forestry Fund.
- Amorphic Beer’s commitment to recycling includes reusing can holders, and beer drinkers that bring in at least 10 quad PakTechs will get a free draft beer.
At a glance:
WHO: Amorphic Beer, Black Husky Brewing, Company Brewing, Gathering Place Brewing Company, Lakefront Brewery and Sprecher Brewing Co.
WHEN: Saturday, April 2 at noon. RSVP at https://bit.ly/mkerivercleanup
WHERE: Amorphic Beer, 3700 No. Fratney St., Milwaukee; Black Husky Brewing, 909 E. Locust St., Milwaukee; Company Brewing, 735 E Center St, Milwaukee; Gathering Place Brewing Company, 811 E Vienna Ave, Milwaukee; Lakefront Brewery, 1872 N Commerce St, Milwaukee; and Sprecher Brewery, 701 E. Glendale Ave., Glendale.
WHAT: Local breweries teaming up with the public to clean up the Milwaukee River Trails
WHY: Each brewery has longstanding environmental and civic commitments that made the collaboration a natural fit.
ABOUT AMORPHIC BEER
Amorphic beer opened in late 2021 in the Riverwest neighborhood of Milwaukee after renovating an old building which once housed the beginnings of Milwaukee Tool. Brewing “beer without shape,” Amorphic engineers experimental and genre-defying beers through the co-founders' backgrounds in scientific experimentation and process engineering. Amorphic Beer takes a hop forward approach to much of their lineup, with the occasional Czech lager and mixed fermentation sour making an appearance
ABOUT BLACK HUSKY
Black Husky Brewing was started in 2010 in a small log cabin in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Inspired by the dogs in their son’s sled dog kennel, co-founders Tim Eichinger and Toni Eichinger named the brewery after their beloved husky Howler. Each of their beers is associated with the dogs from the kennel as a tribute to the loyalty and companionship that defined each of them. In 2016, Black Husky moved its brewery operations to the Riverwest neighborhood of Milwaukee where they currently operate a taproom and produce their beers.
ABOUT COMPANY BREWING
Since 2015, Company Brewing has sought to make great beer a common experience. Located in the heart of Milwaukee’s Riverwest neighborhood, Company Brewing makes craft beer culture accessible to all people. In addition to the quality brews, great food and awesome people you’ll find at Company, the space is dedicated to hosting events and shows that are as diverse as the community.
ABOUT GATHERING PLACE
Milwaukee –– translated from the native Potawatomi language –– means "gathering place by the waters." Inspired by this magical land, Gathering Place Brewing Company is the newest addition to a long and storied tradition of brewers who shaped their city as they honed their craft. Gather Place Brewing’s mission is to create vibrant and unique beers that reflect the vibrant and unique community we call home. Come gather with us!
ABOUT LAKEFRONT BREWERY
Established in 1987, Lakefront’s pioneering spirit has created many U.S. brewing-industry firsts including a first-of-its-kind, indigenous Wisconsin yeast strain and the country’s oldest certified organic beer. Lakefront Brewery has one of the most popular brewery tours in the United States; over 80,000 people tour the brewery each year.
ABOUT SPRECHER BREWING COMPANY
Established in 1985, Sprecher Brewing Co. is Milwaukee's original craft brewery. Sprecher brews more than 20 different craft sodas as well as 12 craft beers, including the world-famous Sprecher Root Beer. Sprecher craft sodas are fire-brewed and made with honey to produce a unique bold flavor with antioxidants, and are available in more than 35 states and online.